Pages

December 17, 2013

Vegetarian Chili - Picky Eater Approved!

I know what you're thinking. Vegetarian? NO meat? Surely you have gone off the deep end.
Well, even though I may have gone a little crazy, that has nothing to do with the food I cook. ;) 

Let me tell you...everyone had second helpings of this. EVERYONE. Including my super picky husband. He didn't even care that there wasn't meat in it. The kids loved it! My daughter hates onions, but I didn't even tell her there was any in here ha! I was worried about the jalapenos being too spicy, but it was just right!

I got this recipe from eMeals and this site has changed my life. Well, at least the meal planning part of my life. As a member of Markerly, I was able to sign up for a free 12 month weekly meal plan and I love it! I use the Portion Control meal plans from Walmart. 

I don't do Weight Watchers, but one serving of this Chili is 6 points for all those who want to know!

Vegetarian Chili

Ingredients
*1 tablespoon vegetable oil
*1 cup diced onion
*1 cup diced green bell pepper
*2 tsp. minced fresh garlic
*2 fresh jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
*2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
*2 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
*1 cup water
*1 tablespoon chili powder
*1 tsp. ground cumin
*1/2 tsp. salt
*15 oz. can yellow whole kernel corn, drained

Directions
*Heat vegetable oil in a large stock pot; add onions, bell pepper, garlic, and jalapenos. Saute 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in black beans, tomatoes, water, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cover. Simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add corn and simmer 10 minutes. Enjoy!



Tennessee Honey

1 comment:

Being Reese 2 said...

Yum! Back when I was pregnant with my daughter, I couldn't eat any meat. Not even a tiny sliver. I became well antiquated with vegetarian dishes during that time. This seems like a tasty version of Chili. I might have to give this a go. Thanks for sharing!